Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Italian team welcomed at home by thousands of fans

The Italian team left Germany on Monday and was given a friendly water salute by the workers at the airport.






Notice the image of the players that is on the side of the airplane.


The team then arrived in Rome and was greeted by the Italian Air Force with the trecolore in smoke.




They visited with Prime Minister Prodi and others before heading to the Circus Massimo.




And then they went to the party. And what at party it must have been!





Photos from www.ap.org.

2 Comments:

At 7/12/2006 5:34 PM, Blogger Isis said...

Great photos!!!

 
At 7/12/2006 7:19 PM, Blogger Tony Lanza said...

Thank you, Isis. The Totti pic was for you, lol. I have about 40 more. If I could ever figure out all of the nuances of adding links and photos, I could put them all on here. Someday, I guess.

Also, I would like to put a link to your blog on my blog. I thought I should ask first.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free-counter.com
free-counter.com