Thursday, July 26, 2007

Time for a little touch-up

It is hard to believe that it has been a year since Italy defeated France in the 2006 World Cup Finals in Germany. The night before the game, I decided to give Blogger a try and come up with a place that other Azzurri fans could come for news about the team. Little did I know that it would consume me for the next two months.

Unfortunately, things like a job and everyday life can get in the way of a fun thing. So my work on this blog has diminished quite a bit. But I will continue to update the site if I run across something interesting. I will also keep updating it as the next round of qualifying games and the actual Euro 2008 tournament approach.

So in honor and celebration of this anniversary, I have added a couple of new sections entitled 2006 World Cup Videos and 2006 World Cup Fun Stuff. They contain various videos, mainly from YouTube, that are compilations of the games and post-game celebrations and some of the goofier things that followed.

Being a big U2 fan, I really like the compilation video using the song "One". The "Azzurro" video is also a favorite and it is surprising that some of the players are actually good singers but they are Italian so I would expect nothing less! The little clip of Roberto Baggio at the end of it is pretty cool since he has been one of my favorites for a long time. And my youngest son is a big Nintendo fan and we think the Ultimate Zidane Headbutt Compilation is hysterical with all of the video game references in it.

A few of the videos have been posted here before but now quick access to the Zidane head butt incident and others is just a few clicks away. So please enjoy.

And to my pal Isis. Thanks for being a good friend and giving me top billing on your blog. I hope you always realize that "Laif is nau"!!!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 7/29/2007 7:27 AM, Blogger Isis said...

It sure is!

(By the way, have you seen the cellphone commercial--it may be the laif is nau folks, but I can't remember now--that has Totti playing foozball with some folks,and losing? It's a crack up.

 
At 7/29/2007 10:48 AM, Blogger Tony Lanza said...

I'll have to try to find it....It sounds funny!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free-counter.com
free-counter.com