Friday, September 1, 2006

Computers are like cars...

Computers are like cars because they should always work and never cause a problem. So when they stop working they can render a person nearly helpless and make that person very ineffective!

On Wednesday, the power supply in my computer stopped working while I was away. My motherboard must have been fried at the same time. So I have been struggling to get my harddrive copied onto a new system for the last two days. It's a bit like moving. You know where everything was in your old house and now it's in a box somewhere. Stuff like clip art, jpegs and my "favorites" files are in that box called the hard drive and not where they used to be.

I have alot of catching up to do, especially since Italy plays their first "real" game since the World Cup. There is a new logo, some new players and a new coach so we'll have lots to talk about this weekend.

Hopefully later today or tomorrow I can begin making up for lost time this week and dig up some interesting things. Thanks for your patience and your continued interest in this site.

Forza Azzurri!

BigT

3 Comments:

At 9/06/2006 8:24 AM, Blogger Isis said...

Oy, good luck with the computer woes! My hard drive crashed this summer, so I know how you feel!

 
At 9/06/2006 1:06 PM, Blogger Tony Lanza said...

Thankfully it was the motherboard not the hard drive so I was able to retrieve all of my stuff. But it is a pain regardless.

 
At 9/07/2006 5:14 PM, Blogger Isis said...

Phew! PAin, but not irremediable. Although even the harddrive problem was fixable. With a little hocus pocus, people who know more about computers retrieved teh stuff for me.

But here's to NO MORE COMPUTER PROBLEMS.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free-counter.com
free-counter.com