Monday, July 17, 2006

Puma salutes the Azzurri


Puma has posted a congratulations note on their website for the victory by the Italian team in the 2006 World Cup. It is a mock-up of the blue jersey with the number 4 and "campioni del mondo" surrounding it. There are also autographs written in gold from the players on the team. A replica blue t-shirt of the jersey is now available on Puma's site for $26(US).
Winner's Tee



While reviewing the site, I came across several pages with other Puma Apparel of the Italian team. One page had a heading that said "Italians Look Better" and was part of a line of clothing called the Italia Away Kit.
Italians Look Better



Under the heading of "Our Teams", there is a picture of the Italian team along with various replica items for the Azzurri.
Puma Football
Italian Team Apparel



There is also a silly soccer game called "Where's Buffon?" You get to try your luck in penalty kicks against the best goalie in the world. There is some trash talking and some of his reactions after each kick are funny. In one sequence, he acutally flips off the opposing player after a made kick and in another he pulls out a cell phone and mocks the kicker after a save.
"Where's Buffon?" game
"Where's Buffon?" photos

2 Comments:

At 7/21/2006 8:14 AM, Blogger Isis said...

That game is great, and now I have my father hooked as well.

 
At 8/04/2006 8:18 AM, Blogger Tony Lanza said...

I am glad you like it. I know I played it with my two boys quite a bit when I first found it.

Did you notice the all-time best? The guy had over 40,000 attempts. I thought I wasted a lot of time on the computer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free-counter.com
free-counter.com